Saturday 19 September 2015

Romania blanket #2 for 2015

 I got a tip off that a local charity shop had some good wool ( i.e. reasonably priced and bright colours) for children's blankets so I went and bought a bit...


A quick flick through some magazines revealed a simple hexagon pattern that  I thought it might be fun to try out...


Its amazing how quickly they came together,  I soon had quite a pile of ends that had been sewn in...


and despite the odd mistake, seven sided hexagon anyone?


I soon had a pile of lovely hexagons...


That show every sign of being enough to make a reasonable sized blanket...but not together in quite such a boring pattern as this....


Its definitely looking quite colourful!  I'm beginning to think I might prefer the "wrong" side...

 

Putting 2 rows of doubles around the very edge creates a nice border...


And keeps my toes warm while I'm doing it!!


And in no time at all (well a few months really) it was ready for show and tell.  Would you believe it I've gone off the "wrong" side...


Definitely prefer the right side now....


Though might have to send sunglasses along with it to the lucky child who gets it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...