Sunday 2 August 2015

I flippin' hate wasps 2

It seems like everyone is trying to get in on my honey harvest...


The cheek of it! - Rotten wasp invading the honey supers as I'm trying to harvest the frames, and some of them settle on the frames for a nice drink of honey...


I seem to have dopey bees - just to lazy to chase them off...


And as if that wasn't enough, to add insult to injury, they start predating bees right under my nose.  I was sorting out some empty frames that didn't need harvesting, when a rather dazed bee strolled out across the table.... look its there bottom left corner...


In the blink of an eye, in swooped a wasp and started wrestling with it..just like I'd seen a few weeks back further down the garden...


And in a matter of seconds, the bee had been chewed in half and only bits of it were left behind...


What a good job I've got a secret weapon...


primed with orange juice I'm killing 20 - 40 wasps every couple of days...


Revenge is a dish best served cold!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...