Saturday 31 January 2015

Crochet-a-long part 5

So having finished the body of this blanket just in time for New Year I spent three weeks dithering about the edging...... well ....that and avoiding the issue of sewing in a lot of loose ends....


So my dilema about the edging started with a lack of wool....
I needed 4 colours to go round the edge of the blanket...


I clearly am a particularly loose kind of hooker as none of the remaining wool, weighed anywhere near close enough to go even half way round never mind all the way round, trust me 3g of wool is going nowhere.....


Its a lovely big blanket....look.....


But it would look even better with an edging so I was going to have to buy some more wool ....the question then became which 4 colours?  Hence the dithering whilst I played with alternative combinations.... 

 

 

And eventually settled on a 2 shades of blue, grape and meadow green combination....
Edging round one.... some petrol coloured trebles...


Followed by some grape doubles...


Love the way they really neaten up the corner.....


Then a denim miss one, do one, miss one round.....


and finally the treble and picot edging in meadow...


In just another evening the edge was done!

I'm really rather pleased with this blanket.  It came together really very quickly, and would have been quicker if I hadn't dithered quite so much about the edging. It is a lovely single bed sized blanket, enough to keep both toes and shoulders nicely snuggled....


and the edging is very smart, worth that little bit of a fight ot get the picot tweak just right....


But best of all, is that it fits perfectly on the back of the sofa, ready to be snuggled under on those chilly evenings when we have different opinions about turning the heating up a notch.  I shan't care so much when it doesn't get turned up any more!!


1 comment:

  1. granny squares or this one - hard to pick a favorite - but one granny square will do for mini me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...