Saturday 6 December 2014

First frost....

I really can't believe it!

We've made it all the way to December 6th and not really had a proper frost.
I do like frost.
It makes everything properly cold and crispy, and definitely NOT soggy.
I don't do soggy and cold.

So I popped down the garden to check the girls were all right...


Nothing to see here ...only a few crispy leaves on top of the hives...

 


I'm hoping the carrots and beetroot are safe below ground....

 

Unlike so many other leaves and buds....





I probably should have put the dragonflies away a while ago now...

 

 

and the wasp trap....fairly sure that any wasps in there that haven't drowned will have frozen solid by now...(shame!)

 





I'm just going to enjoy all these tiny ice crystals for a while, before the sun comes up and melts them all...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...