Wednesday 18 June 2014

Patches for Romania

Every now and then Gill, who organises the trips to Romania, is given bags of knitted squares and oblongs by some ladies who are prolific knitters.  Sadly they are not also prolific sewer-togetherers....

So anyhow I came home from a crochet evening with a large pile of oblongs....


During that crochet evening I'd randomly stitched 10 of them together to make a first row...


It must have been a good evening ( and its great ot know I can sew AND talk at the same time) because then I found another 5 so row 2 was also underway


So I guess, being a quilter I was destined to spend some time crawling around the floor on my hands and knees making a pattern with the knitted patches....


It looked quite punky being held together with safety pins....


But it came together into strips really quite quickly...


And strips gradually become nearly whole blankets...


And finally whole blankets....


So that's World Cup project number 1 finished, it'll be on its way to a new home in Romania in a matter of weeks.  Hope they like it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great - I think you can design, sew and talk all at once!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...