Saturday 5 April 2014

Quietly quilting....

I've been looking forward to this class to make a giant dahlia quilt for quite some time.  At one stage I did think I was going to have work and miss the class completely, thank fully that option didn't last and I was able to pack some fabric that I'd dyed earlier, a sewing kit and head out to enjoy myself....

Fabric and instructions organised and ready.....


Sewing kit, notebook and pattern open and ready for action....


Fortified by tea...


Definitely ready for action!

There was drawing round templates and cutting of petals...and pretty soon the plan for the centre of the giant dahlia became clear....

 

 

There was a whole new piecing starting and finishing technique to learn, and with the added benefit of the loan of some posh pins (£10 a box you've gotta be kidding me!!) ....


I was joining pieces together in no time at all...


At lunch time I took a stroll around the class and had a look at how everyone else was getting along...

 

 

There were both bright ones and pastel ones all coming together quite nicely and steadily...

 

 

 

After a quick lunch we found our selves progressing onto round two, and getting to grips with a natty little gadget that adds 1/4" seam to the curved portion of the template...

 

And look !! I even got one piece sewn in....


I know I've broken my new year's resolution not to start something new but this is going to be the perfect antidote to working life at the moment...if I can just sew in one piece a night it'll be finished in no time at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...