Sunday 13 October 2013

Scissor keepers galore

I'm done!

Looking back I've been making these scissor keepers for quite a while.....

It all started 2 years ago when I adapted some Sue Hawkins patterns for scissor keepers to be sold for charity at the Walsall Patch and Quilt show. They all sold! Remarkably quickly in fact and there were actually some disappointed people who didn't bagsie one quick enough.  There was nothing else for it ...there needed to be more for this year's show! (Thank heavens these shows only come round every other year)

I got off to quite a leisurely start, simply taking the embroidery frame on holiday with me wherever I went!
The perfect activity for the beach!

 


And as you can see the humbug shaped one is just the right thing to stop your pattern blowing away when the pebbles don't prove to be heavy enough.

But despite my best intentions to make these gradually over the two years I had ahead of me other projects occasionally got the better of me.  I had some great productive days every now and then but they needed to happen with increasing frequency.  What a good job its a portable project,  there were some more productive days; one in Fulham, one in a garden full of quilters, one a bit nearer to London, and I even took them all the way to Yorkshire with me.

It was a bit of a relief to reach September with a canvas full of colour....


So its was then just a case of making them up....


Humbugs start off in three pieces...

 

Small biscornu start off as basic squares ...



aren't they scrummy when they're made up?

The larger biscornu are not quite so fiddly to put together...




And finally the little cottages...


So now I'm wondering if 27 will be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...