Saturday 5 October 2013

Jarring up....

I should have done this weeks ago.....


In truth honey only needs to sit in a settling tank for a few days to let the bubbles rise out....


... and boy there were a lot of bubbles!!!

I think maybe my disappointment at such a little harvest made me ignore the job of jarring up .....maybe some little part of me thought that the honey fairy would come by and increase it by a few pounds....
It didn't happen.  :(

So I decided today had to be the day.
The jars were washed and the settling tank carefully positioned for pouring...

 

Then its just a case of opening the valve and letting the honey slowly ...slowly.....


ever ...so .....slowly....


Slowly...creep all the way to the top of the jar....

 

Every drop is precious....
So I'd better scrape the very bottom of the barrel  settling tank...



Best check each jar is completely full...



Now I need to find some labels for these jars.... in a little while......after I've licked the scraper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...