Saturday 13 July 2013

Tell 'em about the honey mummy.....

There's a new smell in the air around the hives....

Sweet but not cloying......warm.....sunny . ....can you smell sunny?...I know I can......
And today it was stupendously exciting to open the hives and find that everything I suspected was actualyl beginning to happen...

There's a "flow on"...

Nectar is literally flowing from all the flowering plants and the bees are doing what they do best...sucking it up and bringing it back to the hive...


Can you see it glistening in the cells?


A whole week of temperatures in the top 20s 'c and even a day or two reaching over 30'c has kept them busy and the frames are filling fast...


And as they evaporate the excess water and the nectar morphs to honey they cap it with lovely white fresh wax...


So bring on the sun I say....I could do with a few more frames of this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...