Sunday 16 June 2013

Hook, hook, hookity, hook I

Oh boy!
I'm in the groove!!!
or more accurately I'm hooked!!!

A generous donation from a knitter who is having to part with a large stash of knitting wool she can no longer manage has enabled me to be completely indulgent, practising this pattern I have long admired and creating a useful blanket for a needy child.

It started like this...


240 chain stitches in batches of 14 waiting to be rippled...

 

It takes a few rows of the mountains and valleys of the ripple to really develop and the texture to grow...


You'll have to forgive me whilst I gloat a little about how much I can do in one evening...


And in what almost seems like no time at all...two balls of wool have become a whole baby blanket of lovely ripply flecky texture...


I guess there's nothing more to say other than Ta-dah!!





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...