Friday 3 May 2013

A change is as good as a rest......

Most days I start my working day with a walk through Fulham and Hammersmith, which keeps me fit ...aw shucks....who am I kidding? ...it gives me an excuse for a a glass of wine to end the day.

So with my new(ish) job, which means not working in Hammersmith every day I'm missing my walk.  But then I thought - who am I kidding? I just need to find another walk ...to another part of London, can't be that hard and who knows what I might find?

Do you want to see what I found?


There's the London eye...peaking out of the morning mist...

And one day, this iconic building may well be a shopping mall and luxury flats! (pigs are more likely to fly over that one me thinks)


The best bit about walking in London is the sneaky peaks you get of your destination as you get a little bit closer.....or at least the building opposite....


Westminster cathedral is surely not big enough for city hall to hide behind is it?

It certainly seems very tall when you get right next to it...


It peaks out at you from behind the most modern of buildings, an oasis of calm in the hurly burly of the old smoke...



Just imagine being able to live in a flat opposite it...


You can even have a little bit of garden...


and even finish your day playing cricket in the shadow of Victoria tower...(and the peaking eye)


But don't let the calmness of this scene lull you into the idea that the hurly burly is gone from the streets of Pimlico, you turn the next corner and you are straight back into hustle and bustle...


Not to mention cyclists beating everything with four wheels away from the lights...




There's just enough time to pause on the bridge and think about how a little sunshine improves the view from earlier in the day...



...(well that and the fact that Daniel Craig and Helen Mirren didn't really let one of my favourite buildings get blown up)



I think I may just have to do this walk again....but not for a few days....I've definitely earned a rest..and there's a whole three day weekend about a start.....
Now where's the wine?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...