Friday 8 March 2013

Zingy lemony yum

There's a saying, "When life gives you lemons....make lemonade"

But I had Quirky quilters to make dessert for and lemonade just wasn't going to cut it (if you know what I mean) despite our claims that we weren't going to over indulge the calories every time we meet in 2013.

Thank heavens for inspiration from recipe books, Eton mess from "Cook Yourself Thin" looked like it would hit the spot perfectly...


I love the magic of making meringues...just look how the egg whites transform before your very eyes...

 

 

And go super shiny glossy as soon as I add the sugar...

 

Now...time for the zingy lemon curd.  Lets start with the zest...


Even I was rather amazed by the amount of juice that I can wring from 4 lemons...


But reduced down with a little lemon juice...

 

And with some yummy free range egg yolks stirred in...

 

It very quickly becomes a zingy lemon curd.

Then pack it all up very carefully so it can be carried along with a mass of quilting stuff for a day out.
Time to assemble...

Step 1 : Break up all those home made meringues...

 

Step 2 :  Add a big blob of that zingy lemony curd


Step 3: Whip cream and add a blob of that ...as big a blob as you fancy...










Stir the whole lot together and try to eat a bit of each element together - pulling the best zesty singy lemon face that you can...'cos boy is that curd ZiNGYYYYYYY!

1 comment:

  1. And I would just like to say how great it was. I think I possibly won the best 'zingy lemon' face!!! I know I had to slap my face after!!!! Great job H..... can't wait for your turn on dessert again!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...