Wednesday 2 January 2013

Quilting itch II......200 geese to tame

So having sorted out all the squares within squares my itch turned its attention to flying geese.
I needed 200 of them.

Now I like a little goose.. its a super cute thing to make and astonishingly easy when you know how.  Shall I explain?
Start by laying a square over an oblong and sewing straight across a diagonal line, corner to corner across the square.  If you are careful you can sew a whole row one after the other to make a crazy sort of bunting...


Trim off the excess corner and press open the square to reveal a triangle and then pop a square over the other side of the oblong and sew again...

 

Trim the excess off the other side, open it up and hey presto a small goose appears and with eight similar friends, and some helpful extra squares, it makes a nice edging for that square within a square I made earlier...

 

So... now all I need are 24 more sets.
I wonder how many little squares and oblongs that means I need? ....
mmm lets do the maths:
200 oblongs plus 400 squares ....what would 600 little bits of fabric look like?

 

 

I've realised these photos make me look rather more organised than I really was over the week it took to put all these geese together.  It did get a bit chaotic at times....


But its all worth it really....those little geese need to fly in sets of eight birdies around each square within a square...

 

So just 24 more sets to match up now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...