Saturday 23 June 2012

Whole day of inspiration...

Can a race course be inspiring?


Well I suppose so ...when the centre bit is full of bouncy castles......


And when the inside of the stands is one long quilt gallery and traders mall.... there was loads of inspiration - here's a few of my favourites.....

One day I'll have enough time to tackle a lone star quilt....


There's no such thing as too many sunflowers...


Can't argue with this being the overall "best in show" quilt  - zoom in on those stitches.....


And if there weren't enough stitches above - try this one for size...


For total tranquillity...(tranquiltity?)


This one even feels cold and frosty...


Couldn't wear the whole jacket and might have to switch out the lady birds for a different six legged insect...


Just because....


This would fit on a sheet of A4 paper


After all those quilts - and believe me this is a tiny selection ....I was relieved for the opportunity to sit down and make a simple fabric flower.....although it wasn't quite as east as it might have been...and even with written instructions it might be a while till this one gets finished at home....

And it may be even longer till I have a basket of goodies to rival teacher's.....


Amazingly I even had time for proper shopping, and (for once) was disciplined enough to stay on target and only bought things on the shopping list....


A great day, with great company ...and I've discovered one other quilter with the same retirement plan as me!!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping me entertained and smiling today. Look forward to reading an update on the bees tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...