Thursday 24 May 2012

One tenth of a marathon

I really appreciated my daily walk to and from work this week.  London has sweltered in 26'C + heat for most of this week so the opportunity to start and finish my day in the office with a walk of 2.6 miles through Fulham and Hammersmith was greatly appreciated.... lets face it ..... everywhere looks better in the sunshine....
Even the start of the walk ...getting off the (rather patriotic) tube


I always think it looks like a space ship has landed on this building....


But I soon get past this and head off into the residential parts of Fulham.....how many styles of housing can one borough have?

 

 

 

Sometimes when you least expect to find something interesting at the end of a very ordinary looking road....


There's an odd looking gateway that has to be worthy of further investigation....


That leads to an unexpected oasis of calm ...

 

Before I get to walk past the side doors of buildings full of hope

 




More interesting places to live..

 

 

And landmarks of British broadcasting


The next landmark on the route often greets me with a surprise that the last tide left behind....

 

Sometimes I wonder what it might be like to live on a houseboat......
 

Or I wonder if maybe a simple riverside property would fulfil my dreams

 




When its very hot I'm tempted to stop in here for some "light refreshment" before I reach the office...


But somehow I don't think old father Thames would approve!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...